56% of business owners say they plan to increase their use of email marketing this year.
Are you among them? If so, good.
Like many small business owners though, we planned to increase email marketing efforts last year and the year before that.
For the amount of return email marketing delivers (for very little investment, in comparison), it can no longer be kept on the back burner.
Opportunities Email Marketing Provides
- The ability to run an effective marketing program on as close to autopilot as possible
- Substantially increase sales: 66% of online consumers in the US ages 15 and up made a purchase as a result of an email marketing message
- Take advantage of the shift to mobile: Over 70% of mobile purchasing decisions were influenced by promotional emails
- Over half of all businesses generate 10% of their sales through email marketing
Your marketing will only be as effective as the words and images you use to get your message across. Together, these make up your marketing message and will ultimately determine whether or not your marketing succeeds.
Know Who You Are Talking To
Getting your message in front of the right person has a lot to do with determining exactly whom that right person is. Without targeting your message, you run the risk of trying to reach everyone and many hours and marketing dollars will be wasted as a result.
This is where buyer personas come in. Buyer personas are simply profiles of your idea customers that lay out who your ideal customer is, what they need and why they need it.
Successful businesses stay in front of their customers, both current and potential.
Yes, some customers may randomly happen upon your business or its products. More often than not, however, customers decisions to buy a product or service has been cultivated over time.
What is one of the the ways successful businesses do this?
Trying to reach everyone with the same message will end in one of two ways:
- You will effectively reach no one, or
- You will reach a small group of people who were the only group you would have reached if you would have developed a targeted approach.